What you will learn
Participants will undertake in depth study into thermal physics and thermographic concepts, operations and applications. Where Level 1 concentrated on Qualitative thermography, Level 2 is focused quantification of temperature, emissivity and transmissivity and the use of information (definitions, equations, tables etc...) available to thermographers.
The course will strengthen and improve thermography skills for condition monitoring and nondestructive testing applications. The review, drafting and implementation of procedures for use in industry will also be emphasized.
The Level II Course follows the ASNT recommended course curriculum, in accordance with ASNT-TC1A.
ASNT certification will be granted to students who successfully complete the course and written requirements.
The Level 2 course is designed to increase the knowledge of the Level 1 thermographer to the end that new or expanded challenges may be met. Such active infrared applications
- Expand your thermography knowledge with in-depth concepts in infrared radiosity, heat transfer as applied to your applications
- Understand the different aspects of resolution
- Reinforce your concepts with refresher material covering the latest infrared camera, technology and thermal imaging application developments.
- Perform tests, analyze and document heat patterns of problems caused by improper design, workmanship or material failure
- Specify procedures for infrared thermographic testing
- Learn the basics of developing an overall infrared inspection program, and so much more!