Insulation testing has been enhanced with feedback controlled test voltages to limit over-voltage to 2%, rather than the industry standard 10-20%.
A variable range has been added to allow any intermediate voltage from 50 V to 1000 V in 10 V steps, where application specific test voltages are required that do not appear in the standard ranges.
Continuity testing is now significantly faster, and a single auto-ranging 0.01 Ω to 1.0 MΩ function replaces the “ohms” and “kOhms” ranges. Retained are the 200 mA and 20 mA test options.
Replacing the original MIT400 instruments the new units feature a redesigned case, back-stand, and 6 cell battery compartment with separate fuse access. All instruments are over-moulded for increased protection and achieve an IP54 weatherproof rating.
- Insulation testing up to 1000 V and 200 GΩ range
- Stabilised insulation test voltage (New)
- Single range, faster continuity testing from 0.01 Ω to 1 MΩ (New)
- 600 V Trms AC and DC voltage measurement
- Live circuit detection and protection
- User variable insulation test voltage from 100V to 1000V (New) depending on model
- Test result storage and Bluetooth® downloading depending on model
- Rechargeable options for mains and car charging (New)depending on model
- CAT IV 600 V & IP54