Quickly verify fiber activity, polarity, and connectivity with the FiberLert™ Live Fiber Detector. This pocket-sized tool tests single-mode, multimode, UPC and APC patch cords and ports with a non-contact / non-contaminating detector. The LightBeat™ feature flashes the LED, indicating a powered-on condition and good battery, a timer shuts FiberLert™ off after five minutes of inactivity to extend battery life (2xAAA, included). Rugged design includes a convenient pocket
clip and is backed by a two-year warranty.
- Detects optical power in single-mode and multimode fiber wavelengths (near infrared range 850 nm to 1625 nm)
- No setup or interpretation needed – light and sound indicate presence of an optical signal
- “Non contact” detector reduces the risk of contamination and damage
- Suitable for ports and patch cords, SM, MM, UPC and APC connections
- LightBeat™ flashes to indicate operation and battery status; powers off after five minutes of inactivity to preserve battery life (2xAAA, included)
- Two-year warranty