Scalar detects invisible ultraviolet photons that result from partial discharge processes and translates them into visible blobs. Scalar uses 2 optical channels that complement each other namely, UVb in the range of 310-320 nm and visible range. The camera is equipped with an optical filter, attuned to corona peak, that filters out non corona PD light. The transmitted corona PD light is then superimposed on the discharging object, displaying a true portray of the faulty specimens. DayCor® Scalar is a compact handheld camera with a wide field of view for testing nearby objects. The camera records video clips and snapshots of the specimens storing them onto an onboard SD card. Testing results are instantaneous and pinpointed DayCor® Scalar is an excellent cost effective inspection solution.
- MPEG4 video clips and BMP still pictures. Stored on removable flash card.
- Preview the stored media either on the camera's LCD or on an external monitor via mini USD drive.
- Wide 4.3'' deluxe trans missive LCD, 800x480 px delivers sharp and vivid imaging of the inspected scenes.
- Integrated LED flashlight with 2 level of brightness, improve quality of recorded media. Backlit buttons facilitate maneuvering in poor lit conditions.
- Semi auto and manual focus ranging 0.5m l 20" to infinity. 3 steps UV digital zoom.
- A sleek design, palm grip 0.95kg l 2.09lb weight. 28L x 12W X 9H cm
- On screen menu and swift buttons. straight for ward operation. preset stored setting.
- Power sources; a rechargeable Li-Ion battery, run time of over 3 hours or 9V DC. Internal charging.
- Communication ports-RS232, USB
- Uvb spectral range 310-320nm. Minimum UV discharge detected: 15pC @1m, as required for short distances inspection.