Megger Partial Discharge Monitoring System
Posted on1 Month ago
PARTIAL DISCHARGE MONITORING SYSTEM
- Parallel UHF PD measurement on all channels
- Parallel reading of PD peak values, PD scope amplitudes, and PD patterns
- Separate gating input channel
- Automatic alarm detection algorithm
- System redundancy
- Suitable for embedded and external retrofit UHF sensors
- Scalable system configuration
- Automatic noise suppression mode
- Network-based communication
The GISmonitor partial discharge monitoring system is a specialised and fully automated monitoring system for gas insulated switchgears (GIS) for partial discharge (PD) activity. No PD activity is left undetected due to parallel PD measurement on over 100 channels. All data is collected, stored, and automatically analysed in one central server.
The unit detects and digitises any ultra high frequency signal within microseconds. It calculates a separation of PD events from external disturbance or internal switching pulses in real-time and provides an effective PD and alarm detection.
The common software interface provides easy access to view, compare, and analyse the entire GIS in depth. PD activity can be easily monitored on the entire GIS system without interrupting its operation. Partial discharge signals are taken from embedded or external UHF sensors providing a signal bandwidth of up to 1.8 GHz. External noise and switching pulses can be separated from internal PD. The system connects to the substation monitoring systems via IEC61850 or I/O signal interfaces.