The PDS Insight™ measures PD Levels, PD Pulse Count and Cumulative PD Activity across the 50/60Hz power cycle to enable the severity of any partial discharge activity to be assessed. By combining three (3) types of PD sensor (TEV, HFCT and AA), the unit is suitable for the OLPD testing of most types of in-service medium voltage (MV) cables and plant and OLPD surveying of outdoor high voltage (HV) switchyards. Suitable for OLPD testing of power cables, switchgear, rotating machines and transformers, the handheld unit stores all measurement data on its hard disk that is then synchronised (‘synced’) via Bluetooth® to the OLPD Manager™ app on the supplied tablet 10.1” PC for analysis, benchmarking and trending.
- Supplied with a 10.1″ Android™ tablet PC with the OLPD Manager™ asset management application. Both devices support several languages.
- Incorporates three OLPD sensors: TEV, HFCT & AA.
- Detects electromagnetic radiation from PD in metal-clad plant (TEV), current impulses from PD in cables and accessories (HFCT), and ultrasonic radiation from PD into air from AIS switchgear and other plant (AA).
- Combines PD Level, PD Pulse Count and Cumulative PD Activity measurements across the 50/60Hz cycle.
- An in-built barcode scanner is used with POA barcode labels for automatic repeat testing.
- The unit displays data on a 3.5″ colour LCD screen.
- Supplied with Bose® QuietComfort® Acoustic Noise Cancelling® Headphones as standard (to listen to airborne acoustic (AA) PD activity in noisy environments).
- Supplied with a Smart Docking Station for charging, data download and function checking of the unit.
- Onboard data storage on the handheld for quick testing and Bluetooth® communication to the 10.1″ Tablet PC for post test data analysis and trending.
- NEW Global View – Asset operators and managers with multiple sites and multiple HVPD PDS Insight™ units can now back up and share data across all tablets to provide an asset management global view.
- NEW Data export – All measurements can be downloaded into a CSV file to enable filtering measurements and peak values.
- NEW Recall the 5 second peaks graph – The peak graph recorded with the HVPD PDS Insight™ can now be displayed and recalled on the tablet.
- NEW 13 Languages options: English, Chinese, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Japanese and Arabic.