Simple to use, the PDS Insight™ 2 can be placed in the hands of your technicians for the safe, reliable running of electrical assets (3.3 kV and above).
The Phase Resolved Partial Discharge (PRPD) feature in the PDS Insight™ 2 eliminates misleading background noise from the true partial discharge sources, which will help you to avoid in-service failures and costly, unplanned outages.
Deployed in phase 1 of our 4-phase asset management approach, Identify, the PDS Insight™ 2 is used to screen large electrical networks to quickly narrow down those assets in the worst condition – to target repairs and maintenance.
As standard, the PDS Insight™ 2 is supplied with a 10.1″ Android tablet, running a dedicated On-line Partial Discharge (OLPD) application – the OLPD Manager™ app, which is also available for Windows, for the easy exporting of data and charts to maintenance reports.
- Phase Resolved Partial Discharge (PRPD) for ‘cleaner’, more accurate PD readings.
- Synchronise with the power supply frequency and generate 2D/3D PRPD patterns.
- Incorporates three OLPD sensors: TEV, HFCT & AA.
- Detects electromagnetic radiation from PD in metal-clad plant (TEV), current impulses from PD in cables and accessories (HFCT), and ultrasonic radiation from PD into air from air-insulated switchgear and other plant (AA).
- Combines PD Level, PD Pulse Count and Cumulative PD Activity measurements across the 50/60Hz cycle.
- An in-built barcode scanner is used with sensor POA barcode labels.
- 10.1″ Android™ tablet PC with the OLPD Manager™ asset management application.
- Smart docking station for charging, data download and function checking of the unit.
- Onboard data storage for quick testing and Bluetooth® communication to the Android™ Tablet PC
- Measurements can be downloaded into a CSV file to enable filtering measurements and peak
- RPD measurements can be displayed and recalled on the tablet.
- Asset operators and managers with multiple sites and multiple HVPD PDS Insight™ 2 units can back up and share data across all tablets to provide an asset management global view.
- 13 Languages options: English, Chinese, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Japanese and Arabic.