The HVPD Longshot™ portable test unit is one of the most versatile partial discharge test systems in the market, and has evolved from over 10 years of direct industrial applications by HVPD.
Suitable for both in‑service and factory/laboratory PD testing of all types of MV, HV and EHV assets (including power cables, switchgear, transformers and rotating HV machines) the 2014 version of the technology is supplied with the PDGold© v7 software that contains HVPD’s unique EventRecogniser© software module.
- Automatic identification and classification of PD type with the EventRecogniser© module
- Synchronous, wideband (0–200MHz), 4-Channel data acquisition
- Suitable for off‑line PD commissioning testing with Resonant Test Sets (10–400 Hz)
- Streamlined data acquisition using PDGold© v7 software
- Diagnostics and report generation in PDReader© v7 software
- Optional PDMap© v7 software expansion software module and HVPD Portable Transponder System to enable On‑line Cable Mapping (PD site location) along long lengths of cables (MV: up to 15 km, HV/EHV: up to 25 km)
- Multiple units can be ‘daisy-chained’ to provide multiple measurement points along an HV/EHV cable for HV withstand and PD commissioning testing