The MicroScannerTM Cable Verifier series simplifies the testing of voice, data, and video cable. It starts by taking results from what was four different test modes and displaying them all at once – graphical wiremap, pair lengths, distance to fault, cable ID, and far end device. What’s more, it supports virtually any type of low-voltage cable testing with no need for awkward adapters. The end result is reduced test time and technician error. That makes high-quality installations more efficient than ever.
MicroScanner PoE Capabilities:
- Quickly determine if a problem is caused by a bad or unconnected cable, insufficient power, or a Powered Device (PD).
Information for the Network Engineer to investigate potential switch configuration or malfunctions.
- PoE Switch Verification – Determine if a switch port can provide enough power by reporting PoE class (0-8).
- Powered Pairs – Graphically identifies powered pairs. Including Dual Signature where the switch port delivers power on 2 or 4 pairs (802.3bt or PoE ++)
- PoE Injector verification – Display injector voltage level
- Active Switch Detection – Determine if a cable is connected to a switch port and port speed up to 10G
- Cable Testing – Identify any shorted, open or crossed wires at both ends, length of each pair, and send tones to find cables.
- Validate and troubleshoot your Industrial Ethernet copper cabling
MicroScanner Series Features:
- Straightforward Interface – Graphical wiremap, length, cable ID, and distance to fault displayed on one screen
- Multimedia Support – Tests all common media types including RJ11, RJ45, Coax(MS2 only), with no need for adapters
- IntelliTone Toning – Trace virtually any cable or wire pair with IntelliTone digital and analog toning
- VDV Service Detection – Verifies today’s media services, including 10/100/1000 Ethernet, POTS, and PoE
- Oversized Display – Large, backlit LCD makes results crystal clear whether in bright sunshine or a dark closet
- Magnetic Strap (included in MicroScanner kits) – Allows technicians to keep their hands free and their tester safe from potential drops and accidents with strong rare earth magnet