The Radiodetection Genny4 Signal Generator provides simultaneous dual-frequency locate signal output. Alongside the familiar 33kHz locate signal for general purpose locates, the Genny4 transmits a second higher frequency designed to facilitate location of small diameter cables such as telecoms and street lighting, including spurs. For tricky locates, the power boost function enables the locate signal to travel further and deeper, and couple onto utilities more easily.
- Avoidance mode for rapid surveying - Simultaneously search for and pinpoint Genny, Power and Radio signals.
- Genny signal locate - With on-demand estimation of the depth4 of buried utilities.
- Power signal locate - Detects the electromagnetic fields generated by loaded power cables.
- Radio signal locate - Detects long-range radio signals as they travel along buried cables and pipes.
- Small Diameter locate frequency
- eCert - Forms part of an annual service regime and is activated through the CAT Manager PC software.
- Dynamic overload protection
- StrikeAlert - Warns of shallow buried utilities, improved in CAT4 to minimise false alerts.
- Data acquisition
- Service due indicator - Countdown from 31 days before due.
- Swing warning - Detects incorrect usage/careless working practices such as excessive or rapid swinging.
- Calsafe - Enabled units can be set to automatically deactivate on expiry of the defined calibration interval.
- Bluetooth Low Energy - Fully integrated data logging memory, GPS/GNSS receiver and Bluetooth Low Energy options.
- GPS/GNSS - Automatically log the position of the CAT alongside key locate parameters each second to prove work history and analyse working practices.
- High speed USB 2.0 data connection - Connect to a PC to configure CAT settings, run an eCert, and to rapidly transfer usage data from your gCAT4.